What is DELE?
The Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) are official qualifications which prove your level of proficiency in the Spanish language and which are awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Educationand Science. In short, these are the only qualifications in the world to prove and show your level in Spanish which are issued through a Spanish Government Ministry.
What are the advantages of having a DELE qualification?
- They are official qualifications.
- They are recognised internationally by private companies, chambers of commerce and public and private educational organisations.
- In Spain, they give you access to universities, official language schools, business schools and jobs with the civil service.
- They are increasingly more in demand at universities in other countries.
- They are valid indefinitely: qualifications for life.
- They comply with the guidelines of the Common European Framework (MCER).
- They make it easier for you to work and study in other countries and also to obtain grants.
What are the advantages for my school as a DELE centre?
- Individual schools which are DELE centres will be a natural attraction for parents searching for a curriculum range of depth and substance for their children.
- The pupils themselves will benefit from an examination system which is linked to the European banding and which issues an internationally recognised language award as well as an important transferable life-skill.
- Teaching staff can supplement their lessons by integrating the I.T. resources we provide as well as gaining from the Examiner training we provide.
- Pupils’ parents, pupils and the teaching staff will all benefit directly from the DELE provision, thus enhancing the school and its academic standing.
What is the IC course for DELE Examiners?
The IC offers a choice of courses for prospective examiners (e.g. experienced teachers from the school) either in person or on-line through a short but dedicated traini ng module.
All necessary training for official examiners will be provided by IC.
What levels are there of the DELE examination?
There are six European designated levels, from A1 to C2, and the DELE specifically caters for A1 (‘Starter’ level), A2 (‘Elementary’ level) and B1 (‘Scholar’ level). The latter is especially designed for teenagers from 12 to 17 years old and has been approved by the Ministry of Education in Britain.
The three levels available for schools are carefully designed to form a logical incremental development which forms a firm foundation for later study at a higher level, both nationally and internationally.
Who can I contact for what?